1. What is your average price range?
The average price per person is $40.00 per person
2. Do you facilitate tastings?
We do facilitate tastings by appointment only. The tastings are reserved for clients that have already booked with Black Pelican Catering. We do have two open house tastings throughout the year where we offer a large sampling of Black Pelican food open to anyone who would like to attend. Please ask for more details.
3. Where is the food prepared/cooked?
Food is prepared in Black Pelican Seafood Restaurant and cooked on location in our state of the art fully loaded catering trucks. They have stoves, ovens, grills, etc.
4. Do you provide bartending services?
We do provide bartending services as well as a portable bar included in the price.
5. Are you licensed and insured?
We are a fully licensed and insured catering company
6. How much deposit do you require?
We require a 20% deposit to hold your catering date.
7. How many servers do you use per amount of guests?
We typically provide one server for every 30 guests unless more service is required.
8. Do you specialize in any type of food or menus?
We specialize in seafood dishes with a Southern and Outer Banks flare.
9. Can you provide special children's menus?
Children's menus can be added and menus can be anything from chicken tenders to petit steaks
10. What happens to leftover food?
All leftover cooked food is boxed and left for client
11. What is included in the price per person?
Black Pelican Catering will include all food items of your choice, a clothed buffet line and a non-alcoholic beverage. This will also include servers that will assist with set up, tend to guests, pour the champagne toast, cut and pass the cake and trash removal. 7.75% tax and 20% gratuity will be added.
12. Do you offer food for certain dietary restrictions -- vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, kosher, etc.?
Black Pelican Catering can customize any menu for any event. Dietary needs must be mentioned during menu creation.
13. What does the wait staff wear?
Wait staff is dressed with black bottoms and a black button up collared shirt.